> Did what you told but now i have got an really odd behaviour.
> I am using this strus config:
>
>                <action name="jasper" class="PDFAction">
>                        <result name="input">/WEB-INF/view/jasper.jsp
>                        </result>
>                        <result name="success">/WEB-INF/view/jasper.jsp
>                        </result>
>                        <result name="doreport" type="redirectAction">
>                                <param name="actionName">jasper</param>
>                                <param name="method">generate</param>
>                                <param name="parse">true</param>
>                                <param
> name="statisticType">${statisticType}</param>
>                                <param name="chartType">${chartType}</param>
>                                <param name="timeType">${timeType}</param>
>                                <param name="statBegin">${statBegin}</param>
>                                <param name="statEnd">${statEnd}</param>
>                                <param name="tag">${tag}</param>
>                                <param name="consumerId">${consumerId}</param>
>                        </result>
>                </action>
>
> If i do a post to the form using a s:submit button with method "doReport"
> which returns "doreport" my generate action gets called twice.

Does the same happen if you use a regular submit button and doReport
as the form action?

> If i do not use the redirectAction, my generate method gets called only once
> like expected.
>
> Why is the method specified at the redirectAction actually called twice? Its
> really annoying because genrating the report involved load to the system (db
> etc.) and it should only occur ones.

I'm not sure why it is invoked twice in this particular example, but
generally, the redirectAction will be invoked _every_ time the portlet
renders. Therefore, heavy processing should _never_ be done in the
render phase unless you have configured the portlet caching properties
appropriately.

> Any hints where to search for? Something misconfigured here?

A small example with only the relevant bits attached to a JIRA issue
would be helpful to track down the issue.

Nils-H