I don't disagree with the assertion that it shouldn't be necessary. We've got a bit of a special case, though, where we need to get the User from the Session. Otherwise, we've got some restructuring to do. It may not be worthwhile for a single case, though. I'm OK with a little smell in that instance. Should we encounter more of this, then it'll be time to refactor.

Thanks for the information!
Dave

Musachy Barroso wrote:
You can get it from ActionContext.getContext().getSession(), but I second
Dave's opinion.