We're working on a struts 2 application in Websphere and the plan is to
serve static content via the IBM Http Server while all other requests
are forwarded to the application server.

We're having trouble forwarding action requests to the app server, but
there's an FAQ that describes what needs to be done.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=177&context=SSEQTJ&dc=DB560
&dc=DB520&uid=swg21315589&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct177websphere

The question is, how do we create a separate server context root for
*.action in order to get rid of the filter mappings in the web.xml?  Any
hints would be appreciated...

thanks,

filipe