--- On Thu, 12/11/08, James Carr wrote:
> I want to write an interceptor for some of my actions.
> These actions have values that are set on an object graph
> (i.e. request.configuration.hosts.ip) that I would like to
> have a more shorthand version. In other words, I'd like to
> have "id" map to "request.configuration.hosts.ip" and reset
> the values on the ValueStack, but no luck.

Without knowing what didn't work it's hard to say--there are various
interceptors included in the distro that do things like remove request
parameters (off the top of my head I don't know of any that add parameters, but
sure seems like it'd work), and writing interceptors that modify request
parameters works (like I have a string-trimming interceptor).

Personally I wouldn't do it, though, or would perform the mapping in the action
itself, to avoid issues down the line.

Are you experiencing a specific problem? What doesn't work? How have you
configured your stack?

Dave