I know this should be obvious. Perhaps I'm just too thick to use Struts2!

I have an action class with a private String editAction and corresponding
public getter/setter. I know the value for this String is "I".

In the view I need to test the value of this field using <s:if test="...">,
to see if it is "I"

I've tried just about everything I can for the test expression, including
editAction=='I', %{editAction=='I'}, #editAction=='I', %{#editAction=='I'},
%{getEditAction()=='I'} but nothing works.

I had thought that properties of an action class were available on the value
stack. Do I need to use a .Equals() method?

Why, why why isn't this simple? Please put me out of my misery!

Many thanks