Thanks for your reply Andras.

I've been able to get it to exclude other simple properties when configured in the result, e.g.

<action name="ListNames" class="gov.noaa.ngdc.mgg.scufn.action.ListNamesAction">
        <result type="json">
           <param name="excludeProperties">
           user,featureDAO
           </param>
            <param name="excludeNullProperties">true</param>
       </result>
     </action>

As an aside, I'd like to configure exclusions common to all actions w/in the package in the interceptor, but haven't figured out how to combine this w/ a custom interceptor definition yet:

  <package name="json" namespace="/secure/json" extends="json-default">
     <interceptors>
        <interceptor name="authenticationInterceptor"
class="gov.noaa.ngdc.mgg.scufn.utils.AuthenticationInterceptor" />

        <interceptor-stack name="secureStack">
           <interceptor-ref name="authenticationInterceptor" />
           <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
<!-- this is not working, not sure why -->
           <interceptor-ref name="json">
              <param name="excludeProperties">
              user,featureDAO
              </param>
           </interceptor-ref>

        </interceptor-stack>
     </interceptors>
     <default-interceptor-ref name="secureStack" />
</package>

--john

Andras Balogh wrote:
Hi,

I have used the json-plugin also and as I understood it will read the excludeProperties from the interceptor-ref and not from the result:
Example:
<interceptor-ref name="json" >
<param name="enableSMD">true</param>
<param name="excludeProperties">
  .*Collection
</param>
</interceptor-ref>

I don't know if this is the case  only when enableSMD is set to "true".

BR,
Andras.

John Cartwright wrote:
Hello All,

I'm using the (very nice!) jsonplugin version 0.31 and have a question re: excluding properties. If my action exposes a List of class instances and each of these instances contains a "name" property, what is the proper syntax for excluding that name property?

I expected something like:

<result type="json">
 <param name="excludeProperties">
   authorities.*\.name
 </param>
</result>

but this doesn't seem to work.  Can someone clarify for me?

Also, is there no way to mark fields w/in the action to be excluded via Annotations?

Thanks for the help!

--john