Hi folks,

I  just registered to the user list and new to struts. I hope i can learn
from you and help as much as  i can.
I would like to ask one question about rest plugin, but i want to detail the
steps i've taken in case this might help someone who want to start similar
project.

I wanted to use the convention plugin and i downloaded struts2 from
http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/2.1.5/
I copied main jar files and also struts2-convention-plugin-2.1.5.jar to my
lib folder. Everything, including package name and action mappings worked
great as described in http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/convention-plugin.html

Up to this point you don't need to use struts.xml file. It works without
that. The default result directory for .jsp files is /WEB-INF/content/
To change this to "views", I created struts.xml file. This is my struts.xml
after that change.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
    "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd";>
<struts>
    <constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/WEB-INF/views/"
/>
</struts>

Everything is OK.

I also added struts2-config-browser-plugin-2.1.5.jar to my lib folder, and
able to see action mappings. Cool plugin.
But i want to also use rails like structure in my action (well controller)
classes. For this you need rest plugin (struts2-rest-plugin-2.1.5.jar) as
described here: http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/rest-plugin.html
You need to add the following lines to your struts.xml file:

    <constant name="struts.convention.action.suffix" value="Controller"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.action.mapAllMatches" value="true"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.default.parent.package"
value="rest-default"/>
    <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators" value="actions"/>

When i tried to restart tomcat6.0 within eclipse, i got this error:

Unable to load configuration. - bean - jar:file:/path/and path/and
whatever/lib/struts2-rest-plugin-2.1.5.jar!/struts-plugin.xml:36:138.
Has anybody faced the same problem.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ercan