the mechanism you are using assumes the value is located on OGNL root

if you want session or request specfic variables you will need to use the
#session or #request qualifier as in these examples

<s:property value="#session.mySessionPropKey"/> or
<s:property value="#session['mySessionPropKey']"/> or
<s:property value="#request['myRequestPropKey']"/>
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.14/docs/ognl.html

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:10:04 -0800
> From: lsbo...@gmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: s:property tag with action attribute of form/submit
>
> Hello,
>   I want to use s:property tag in action attribute of s:submit, like this,
>           <s:submit value="Calendar Logout" action="<s:property
> value="%{actionUrl}" />"  theme="ajax" targets="dummy_div" />
>
> Is this possible ? I am getting errors while compiling this JSP . I even
> tried <s:property value="calLogoutUrl" />". Doesn't work.
> Leena

Windows Liveā„¢ HotmailĀ®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_hm_justgotbetter_explore_012009