Beware that if you remove the conversionError from your stack, whatever value
was typed (that could not be converted) will *not* be represented when the
screen is redisplayed.  Dave's right about the message, but I have
overridden the default message with the one below and it is a little more
meaningful.

xwork.default.invalid.fieldvalue=Are you kidding me?  Unable to convert
"{0}" to the expected type

Peace,
Scott