Hi Andy!
Sorry for bothering you.
I tried to migrate (following Apache wiki article) from my sample app
that was based on  2.0.11 (struts blank) to 2.1.6 and as a result some
type conversions handled by the frame work stopped working  and now i
got IllegalArgumentException: Cannot format given Object as a Number
whenever i type  an invalid value  into textbox. I also noticed that
type conversion works fine in showcase...
Could you be so kind to give me any tip as what could be wrong... I am
asking you because  when you were migrating you may stamble upon
something like that.
I am new to the mailing list and to struts 2  - so I don't know if i
should address this directly to you or to the user...
Thank you in advance..

Sergio.