When using the struts2-spring-plugin, without bean declaration for your
actions, what is the default scope for the created Action beans?  Prototype,
I hope, but I can't really find where that is set or happens.  I know the
default for Spring beans when not otherwise specified is Singleton, so I am
curious how the plugin gets the prototype scope in this instance.

The setup is:

* ContextLoaderListener in web.xml
* struts2-spring-plugin declared in maven
* actions configured as such in struts.xml
<action name="show" class="com.full.package.Action" method="show">
</action>
* No Spring bean configuration for actions in XML or annotations.

What is the scope of the created actions?  How do you test/prove that?

There are other variations that I wonder about:
* Bean definition for action in XML but with no "scope='prototype'"
* struts2-spring-plugin in path

Which one wins?  This seems like it should be a singleton since your XML
config should override any "auto" behavior of the plugin, but are we sure?

* @Component annotation on your action (with spring configured to find bean
annotations in that package)
* No @Scope annotation on the action bean
* struts2-spring-plugin in path