From: Dale Newfield [mailto:d...@newfield.org]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 5:23 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Can I use a Parameter in result definition?

Griffith, Michael * wrote:
> Cool, but looking at the doc, it looks like the only place I can
> declare a parm is in the result tag?

It looked like the only place you wanted to use this substitution was in
a result tag.  I didn't notice what value it was you wanted until now.

The action is on top of the value stack when that's evaluated, and there
should be some way to get to that info from there...so if you make your
BaseAction class include a getNamespace() method that does the right
thing, you can say %{namespace} in the struts.xml like you asked.

I've got to sign off, so I'm not providing the magic incantation to get
this from the action, but I bet there's some way to get it.  I don't see
it right now, but I thought there used to be an ActionMappingAware
interface, for example...

-Dale