> There are warnings from time to time that we don't expose the details
> of the internal DI because we want to reserve the right to change the
> inner workings. If you are familiar with Spring, go ahead and use it,
> despite all of the available features, it will only bring in what you
> want to use... If you like the @Inject annotation, there is also a
> GUICE plugin that works pretty well. Guice is easy to learn and quick
> to implement.

Of course. I guess I was just scratching an itch :)

I wouldn't use the Struts internal stuff on a substantial project.

But, it is good to know that this option exists. I was just putting
together a simple Configuration UI for an application, where most of
the actions needed one service to be injected, which is done in a
single parent class. If the internal DI is ever changed, it will be
quick enough to fix it in that one place.

Thanks for the warning. I should make sure that I don't suggest doing
this to anyone else.

Cheers,
Sonny