Mike-

not understanding the situation you are presenting
can you show us your declared result types?
e.g.

.\classes\struts-actionchaining.xml
<struts>
    <package name="actionchaining" extends="struts-default"
namespace="/actionchaining">
        <action name="actionChain1"
class="org.apache.struts2.showcase.actionchaining.ActionChain1">
            <result type="chain">actionChain2</result>

Martin
USCitizen(Contractor)
GMT+5
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.