Exactly. If validation fails, execute will not be called by design.
Since all you want to do is forward, you shouldn't need to run your
execute method. The forwarding will take place in your struts.xml file
as previously suggested.

If you need to execute code regardless of the validation, look into
the prepare method.

On 2/27/09, laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But it seems like the "ActionErrors validate" method from my ActionForm
> class
> is called, fails, and my execute handler is not called.  Is there a way in
> the struts-config.xml file that I can set up a foward upon validation
> failure?
>
> This is what my struts action is currently ...
>
>         <action path="/hhFlow"
>                   type="com.myco.regui.struts.accounts.AccountsAction"
>                   scope="request"
>                   name="REAccountLookUpBean"
>                   validate="true">
>         </action>
>
>  - Dave
>

> Jim Kiley wrote:
>>
>> Just have the result of the input() method return them to a different page
>> under that condition.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM, laredotornado
>> <laredotorn...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> If request validation fails, how can I forward the user to a different
>>> page
>>> than that from which they came?  The scenario is that an external web
>>> site
>>> is going to invoke our site with something like
>>> "/ourForm.do?param1=xxx&param2=yyyy" and if their parameters are not
>>> valid,
>>> we want to forward them to another page on our site.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help, - Dave
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Jim Kiley