Hi!

We need the ability to fetch the result of a Struts2 action on the server, so that the response text is available as a String. With a Struts1 action, we were able to utilize a RequestDispatcher for this task. Due to Struts2 being served by a filter and not by a servlet, this approach no longer works and gives HTTP 404. We had a brief look at the source code of the ActionTag class (i.e. the one behind the <s:action> tag) of the Struts2 view layer, but the code that actually fetches the response and writes it to the client is too deeply buried, so maybe some kind soul can give us a pointer on how to accomplish this with Struts2.

Any help and further pointers are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robert