Greg Lindholm wrote:
I've discovered that in the standard interceptor stack "fileUpload"
is after "prepare" interceptor. This means that the upload File,
ContentType, and FileName setters have not been called before
prepare() method runs.  Is there a good reason for this?  It seems
like fileUpload should be before prepare so that these "parameters"
have been set and are available to the prepare() method. What do you
think?

That's why the "paramsPrepareParams" stack exists.

One of the problems I'm having is that if the page fails validation
(on some other field) then the user selection in the <s:file> tag is
lost.  The result="input" takes me back to the page but the File
selection is blank.  Is there a way to preserve the users file
selection when validation fails?

No; you can't pre-set file input values--as David said this is an HTML thing, not Struts.

If I do a show source on the page after validation fails the input
file tag has it's value= attribute set the temp file name from the
server. This doesn't seem right?  This is leaking server
configuration (albeit not very important)  information back to the
client.

That's probably true.

Dave