Hi,
yes it's the case,
because if You are firing ajax request to server it doesn't really
care if it's ajax or plain html request,
so the responsibility to behave properly is on the page side.
I don't know if your interceptor returning html code (page) is ok for You?
Or maybe it should return something else to tell the page to reload all of it?
Because as i think You would like to achieve such scenario:
1. user session is lost
2. user clicks on a link (ajax call)
3. interceptor catches the call and states that it's not allowed
4. page is getting some kind of info that this request is no more
accessible and it should go to loginPage.jsp - total reload of the
page

I haven't been doing such things so i won't help You much with it more.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.