Hi,

I am using Struts2+Spring+JPA/Hibernate. When I use the @Transactional to
mark an execute() method in a Struts2 Action, the action stops working
properly (i.e. the attributes in the action are not automatically setted).
It does not work with Spring AOP transactions as well.

In my struts.config I setted the following constant:
----
<constant name="struts.objectFactory" value="spring" />
----

In my applicationContext.xml I set the pointcut to the actions. I have the
following:
----
    <tx:advice id="txAdvice" transaction-manager="transactionManager">
        <tx:attributes>
            <tx:method name="execute" propagation="REQUIRED"
rollback-for="package.RepositorioException" />
        </tx:attributes>
    </tx:advice>

    <aop:config>
        <aop:pointcut id="ActionsComTransacao"
            expression="execution(* package.actions.*.*(..))" />
        <aop:advisor advice-ref="txAdvice"
pointcut-ref="ActionsComTransacao" />
    </aop:config>
----

And in my web.config I have open-session-in-view, struts2 filters and the
spring listener:
----
     <filter>
         <filter-name>open-session-in-view</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.springframework.orm.jpa.support.OpenEntityManagerInViewFilter</filter-class>
         <init-param>
             <param-name>entityManagerFactoryBeanName</param-name>
             <param-value>entityManagerFactory</param-value>
         </init-param>
     </filter>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>open-session-in-view</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

    <listener>
        <description>Spring Listener</description>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
----

The funny thing is that if I use the transaction aspect in any other package
(i.e. my repositories) everything works fine. It just crashes when I use it
in the struts action.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio