Matt,

are you combining the conventions plugin with regular XML
configuration? Because your action is named SignupAction, which
conventions would pickup, but the input result doesn't appear to
follow the convention (it should be named signup-input.jsp). I'd poke
around a bit and see if conventions is picking up that class as an
action.

-Wes

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:10 AM, mraible <m...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

> mraible wrote:
>>
>> This weekend, I attempted to upgrade AppFuse to use Struts 2.1 (formerly
>> using 2.0.11.1). I used the following instructions:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/troubleshooting-guide-migrating-from-struts-20x-to-21x.html
>>
>> After completing all the steps, I was able to get everything to compile
>> and start. However, the upgrade seems to have failed as the following
>> issues still remain:
>>
>> 1. Users have to login for each page request.
>> 2. Signup fails with the following error:
>>
>> WARN [btpool0-3] VisitorFieldValidator.warn(45) | The visited object is
>> null, VisitorValidator will not be able to handle validation properly.
>> Please make sure the visited object is not null for VisitorValidator to
>> function properly
>> WARN [btpool0-3] Dispatcher.warn(49) | Could not find action or result
>> No result defined for action org.appfuse.webapp.action.SignupAction and
>> result input
>>
>> If anyone has advice for how to fix these issues, I'd love to hear it. You
>> can find the JIRA issue and patch I tried at:
>>
>> http://issues.appfuse.org/browse/APF-1130
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt
>>

> I'm still trying to resolve this issue. The strange thing is my Struts
> action *does* have an input defined.
>
>        <action name="signup" class="signupAction">
>            <result name="cancel" type="redirect">/</result>
>            <result name="input">/WEB-INF/pages/signup.jsp</result>
>            <result name="success" type="chain">saveSignup</result>
>        </action>
>
> Maybe this is caused by a difference b/w 2.0.x and 2.1.x and Spring with the
> Convention plugin (vs. the Codebehind plugin)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice