java.text.SimpleDateFormat formats a java.util.Date according to a locale and a patter specified by the client.

On May 6, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Jon Pearson wrote:

If I wanted to output a date/time value in the user's locale, is there a
simple way to do that? I see there is a <date> tag which would be
helpful for getting the date format correct without manually specifying it, but what about a similar <time> tag? Am I going to need to manually
specify the standard date format as "M/D/y h/mm/ss a" for US English,
and just require any translation to specify its own?

Thanks,
~Jonathan