Well, parameters are available in the OGNL context through the named
variable 'parameters.' So, you should be able to do one of -

%{#parameters.someName}
%{#parameters['someName']}
%{parameters.someName}
%{parameters['someName'}
parameters.someName
parameters['someName']
#parameters.someName
#parameters['someName']

Another possibility is to use plain ol' EL... I think that something
like ${someName} would work. Of course, if nothing else, I'm guessing
that <%= request.getParameter("someName") %> is not broken...

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice