Im using Tiles, in my sidebar "tile" I have a link to a login action, as follows:

and mapped in struts-config like this:

        <action type="com.bookstore.actions.LoginAction"
                path="/Login"
                name="LoginForm"
                validate="false"
                scope="request">

Then I have the corresponding ActionForm and Action

The problem comes when I click the link, Action's execute method is invoked.

In execute method I do some custom validation (if userid == "" then forward to error, etc)

I dont want this the first time the form is diplayed, only when the user submits his login information.

How to solve this ?

Regards.