I have an interceptor that is saving the state of certain action calls for
the purpose of rendering breadcrumbs in the UI. The interceptor is
successfully saving a map of parameters from the invocation context and
storing them in the user's session. What I can't figure out is how to render
a URL that includes the saved set of parameters dynamically.

The url tag only offers a static set of parameters and does not seem to
allow me to dynamically determine what the parameter names and values are.
The documentation makes a tantalising mention of "If the value of a param is
an Array or an Iterable all the values will be added to the URL." but I
don't think that this is quite what I want to do, I want different values
for the parameter names as well as their values.

I'd really rather not rewrite the URL rewriting code in a custom freemarker
template but I cannot figure out how best to reuse the existing code to
avoid rewriting it.

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of a possible solution?