That is why I asked you if you are using "Form-based" authentication or "Basic"
authentication. And I got no reply. However, looking at ur logs, esp the
message:
>>There is no Action mapped for namespace / and action name
>>j_security_check
Now I know that your are using "Form-based" authentication.Unfortunately, I
have to say that "Form-based" authentication with struts 2.1.x does not work
either on WAS V6.1/V7.0.0.x. I am currently working with Websphere support on
this issue.
I keep you posted [if interested] once I have a solution at hand.However, You
can switch to "Basic"authentication for the time being till a solution is
available. To use Basic authentication, you need to set the following custom
property for your server [ONLY WEBSPHERE V6.1, WAS 7 STILL HAS ISSUES and
different solution]

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.assumefiltersuccessonsecurityerror true

without this property, basic authentication fails on V6.1 as well. You also
need to have this property set to be able to run struts 2.1.x on WASV6.1 [you
do not need this for V7]:

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.invokefil=terscompatibility  true