From: Wes Wannemacher [mailto:w...@wantii.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 4:00 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Adding Struts 2.1.6 on WAS 6.1 breaks welcome-file in web.xml

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Mitchell, Steven
<steven.mitch...@umb.com> wrote:
[...]
>     Error 404: SRVE0190E: File not found: /secure/MySecureAction.action
[...]

I don't know about all of the problems, but one thing that might help
you understand this a little bit... This 404 might not be WAS' fault.
In the Spec (can't remember if it was 2.3 / 2.4) it was specified that
a file had to exist on the file system for it to be usable as a
welcome-file. This is sort of a pain for Struts2. One quick hack that
worked in Tomcat is to just create a zero-byte file called
index.action. I can't guarantee that WAS will be happy with that, but
I have used that before.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.