I've read that jetspeed2 documentation is poor... do you have an example about
jetspeed2 + struts2?

Then, is it possible to create a project using:

Struts2, Jetspeed2, Spring plugin, Hibernate and Sitemesh? or jetspeed is not
compatible with the other? And what about the performance? Could it be ok using
all that? And is it possible to use them in Tomcat or it is necessary JBoss? I
want to find a free hosting and if it is difficult to find in Tomcat... I don't
want to think in JBoss...

Regards,
Francisco

> From: mgai...@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Doubts about new project (Struts2 good way to do it?)
> Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:43:55 -0400
>

> Good Afternoon Francisco
> i have an opinion on the subject which i would be more than happy to share
> with you
>
> > 1) User preferences: every user can configure its "window" and
> maintain its configuration after save preferences and log in again. The
> user can select options from a list and position them where he wants.
> ¿Maybe using portlets?¿Changing css dinamically depending on logged
> user?¿Any other option?
> MG>JetSpeed..tried and true Principal assignment to User,Group
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/
>
> > 2) Languages: every user can
> access in some languages. As I've tested, the language is configured
> with regional settings. But it is possible to select the language in
> the login page and maintain it during the session?
> MG>simple as setting request_locate to en requst_locale=es
> MG>http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/how-do-we-change-locales.html
> >
> > 3) Persistence layer: better Hibernate or iBatis? About performance?
> MG>I think hibernate has more deploys be aware of lazy_init not creating all
> dependent objects in object graph
> https://www.hibernate.org/162.html
> >
> > 4) E-commerce: shop cart, what about security?
> MG>SSL all the way..dont send cleartext for anything unless you want
> mailicious eavesdropper intervention!
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
> MG>i can give you SSL solutions for OAS, WL, Resin, JBOSS if you need it
> >
> > 5) Sitemesh or Tiles? I've used tiles and it is ok, but the xml are too
> > long. About performance?
> MG>Sitemesh is the css handler that is preconfigured for Struts
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter</filter-class>
>     </filter>
>     <filter-mapping>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>         <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>     </filter-mapping>
>
> MG>if you like using VM macros coded thru SiteMesh then enable
> VelocityPageFilter in web.xml
>         <filter>
>             <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.sitemesh.VelocityPageFilter</filter-class>
>         </filter>
>         <filter-mapping>
>             <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>             <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
> and for freemarker
>     <filter>
>         <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>
> <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.sitemesh.FreeMarkerPageFilter</filter-class>
>     </filter>
>         <filter-mapping>
>
>             <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
>
>             <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>
>         </filter-mapping>
>

> Saludos Cordiales desde EEUU!
> [...]

Llévate Messenger en el móvil a todas partes ¡Conéctate!
http://www.microsoft.com/spain/windowsmobile/messenger/default.mspx