Yahooo -- fixed the problem.

Compared web.xml in crud and helloworld app.

In helloword app the configuration is
    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

If I change it to
    <filter>
        <filter-name>struts</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
    </filter>

as in crud app every thing works wonderful. At this point i do not know the
reason of why it is not working with original configuration. Hopefully
somebody can shed some light.