Jim Collings wrote:
Dave Newton wrote:
Jim Collings wrote:
<%response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=\"filename_${fromDate}-${toDate}.doc\""); %>

The above is what I currently  have but I think there is a new way to
do it that doesn't involve using a scriptlet. Also, the "fromDate" and
"toDate" items don't work. I've tried quoting them but I'm not sure I
got it right. They are used later on in the document, so I know I am
getting them.
AFAIK you can't use EL inside a scriptlet.

Well I thought as much but, so far, a scriptlet is the only way I know
of to make the setting above.

You've missed my point: the code inside scriptlets is written verbatim to the generated Java source: EL is meaningless in Java source. You'd need to get the properties you're using in EL from a scoped attribute, just like servlets/JSP, or from the value stack.

Dave