Hello,

Struts 2.1.6

I wish to ensure a user is logged into an application before allowing him/her to execute certain tasks.

Would using an Interceptor be a good way to go?

My idea is to retrieve session data in the intercept() method of the interceptor and verify a certain attribute is held in the session.

If it is not, I would then like to redirect the user to a login page with an appropriate error message.

Is this an approriate use of interceptors? Previously, I simply had a verifyLoginStatus() method in a base action class which I extended in actions I wanted to protect.

I'd appreciate any thoughts...
Thanks
Robin