I'm not going to argue about whether or not it will work, but if you
look at the Javadocs for java.util.Properties ->

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html

It does specifically state the the input (and output) streams are
iso-8859-1 and that unicode chars should use the \u0000 generated by
the native2ascii tool. If another method works for you, that's good,
but I would proceed with caution because you might just be lucky right
now and screwed the next time you upgrade your jre/jdk.

-Wes

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:19 AM, Yanto<yantob...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We change applicationresources_zh.properties to utf 8 in our application,
> and the application can show the chinese character properly in the
> application.
> However we are not changing applicationresources.properties to utf8
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Wes Wannemacher <w...@wantii.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 21:03:32 Yanto wrote:
>> > Change the file properties, file type to utf8
>> >

>> I am pretty sure that you can only use ISO-8859-1 for properties files. I
>> ran
>> into this once before and the accepted solution is to use the native2ascii
>> tool as was previously suggested.
>>
>> -Wes

>> --
>> Wes Wannemacher
>> Author - Struts 2 In Practice
>> Includes coverage of Struts 2.1, Spring, JPA, JQuery, Sitemesh and more
>> http://www.manning.com/wannemacher

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice
http://www.manning.com/wannemacher