Martin & Musachy, thank you for your replies.

@Martin, sorry that I couldn't make it that clear - "dialogContainer" is a div
that is embedded in my page.

@Musachy
I did some more research, and I guess I can't solve it in any way.
If my action returns "prompt" (tiles) it works like a charm and updates my
"dialogContainer" with the specified tile.
But when it returns "download" (stream) it doesn't matter (afaik) which targets
I define, cause an ajax request wont start a file download in any case.

What could solve my problem is something like a javascript, that takes the
returned stream from the action and instead of updating the targets-component
it should change the mime type to application/octet-stream and writes it
(maybe) to a new window.

Hope its now understandable what I need to do! ;)

Thanks again!

Kind regards
Jan