i didnt get u,

did u mean that we cant map only *.action to struts filter? Or u were
telling of some workaround? Why does struts put this restriction that all
urls should pass through him? And Why does he put restrictions at container
level.

see web.xml is the container level and i have my own applications/ filters
in it. I should be given the choice to decide what urls should go to what
and what not! Now why does struts come at this level at all??; Now that it
comes what is the work around? The Filter dispatcher documentations says not
to use other than '/*' for url pattern. He doesnt say what i need to do if
at all i cant put /* there?

Please help, this is unexpected behavior of our application. We were
thinking all are fine, but suddenly this file upload didnt work (of prev jsp
application).

any help/ ponters are of great help.

regards,
ravi