If you are not using REST or the rest plugin, you can use struts
2.1.7, it is not a GA release because there was a missing class in the
rest plugin. Or, you can build 2.1.8-SNAPSHOT. We should be getting an
xwork 2.1.5 release soon and we'll roll a struts 2.1.8 release right
afterwards. If the vote passes, 2.1.8 will be GA.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice