Hi,

We got a  struts 2.0.6 portlet application with uPortal  2.5.3 ( inside
Pluto 1.0.x) with no issues and running fine.

Now we deployed the same struts 2.0.6 application in uPortal 3.1.1 (inside
pluto 1.1.7) and found following issue.

in our action classes we had the following,  where session is of type
PortletSession.

session.setAttribute("studentId","1111111",PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE)

We trieved the above studentId in the jsp as follows.
<s:property value="#session.studentId"/>

The above worked with no issues in uPortal 2.5.3 but with uPortal 3.1.1 this
is not working,
Then I tried the following
<s:property value="#application.studentId"/> but didnt work,

I  interacted with the uPortal forum and this is what it
tells...http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-is-this-a-bug-in-struts2-portlets-td24581733.html

I thought based on that <s:property value="#application.studentId"/> should
work,

What else could I try, This looks to me a bug. Can't understand why it is
not in the value stack.

If not pls let me know how to retrieve the above
PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE variable in the jsp.

If this has been fixed let me know which struts 2 version is that.

I did try the following also with no luck

<s:property value="%{#application['studentId']}"/>

waiting for a quick reply

Thanks