Hi,

I've searched the entire afternoon for something about this, tried many many
things, but so far nothing has worked. Please, help.

When I type my name - "Vítor" - in a <s:textfield />, the value "Vítor" is
set at the action's property.

I've tried using <input type="textfield" /> to see if the problem was in the
Struts tags, but the problem persisted.

I've added the parameter acceptcharset="UTF-8" to <s:form />, but didn't
make a difference.

I copied the source code of ParametersInterceptor from XWork 2.1.2's source
to debug. When it calls retrieveParameters(ac) in line 173, the value of the
name property in the map is already corrupted.

My web pages all start with:

<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"%>

My SiteMesh decorator also declares in the <head> section:

I've also deactivated SiteMesh to see if it was causing the problem, but no.

I've set and unset "struts.i18n.encoding=UTF-8" in struts.xml and
struts.properties, but it doesn't make a difference, since that is the
default anyways, right?

I've tried using Tomcat 6.0.20 and Tomcat 5.5.27, both with same results.

I've added URIEncoding="UTF-8" to the <Connector /> definition in Tomcat's
server.xml, but didn't work either.

I really don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Vítor Souza