Yes, and not. It is a good idea to remove any interceptor that you
don't need, like i18n for example, or the double params if you are not
using it. Before making any assumptions I would suggest you to profile
your application, and see what is consuming the mos memory and time.
Just to save you some time (because I just spend sometime myself on
this), I would suggest you to use the profiler that comes with
JRockit:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jrockit/index.html

You will have to run your application with the JRockit jre to use it.
It is free, and by far the best profiler I have ever used. With that
in hand you can come back with some data, and then we can probably
make some suggestions.

Check this also:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/performance-tuning.html

musachy