Dennis Atkinson wrote:
I have a follow-up question about this subject (redirecting to an
Action class rather than a jsp file).

When I do the redirect, and the target is an Action class with
validated input fields, when the screen is initially shown, I get
"... field is required" messages on everything.  Apparently the
Action class thinks a user submit was done, and so it runs all its
validations.  This isn't the behavior I would like to see; I tried
removing the "input" result from struts.xml but that just causes a
"No result defined" error.

Does anyone know the trick to this?

If you're redirecting to an action that has validation then you need to go specifically to a method that isn't validated, whether by default (input, for example, is excluded by default) or by configuration.

Dave