Hello all,

I'm playing with the Struts 2 <s:select> tag, trying to use a Map as the backing collection for the options list. This is Struts 2.0.11.

From the docs: "Iterable source to populate from. If the list is a Map (key, value), the Map key will become the option
 'value' parameter and the Map value will become the option body."

So I have a Map, with values of type PayPeriod, which is a simple Java bean. What I get in the rendered values is the String representation of the class ( "yadda.yadda.payper...@dfg65" ). Is it possible to code something in the tag to get a PayPeriod bean attribute showing as the rendered value? I know I can cheat by defining a toString() method in the bean, but I wondered if there's a cleaner way of doing this.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Stephen Turner