Thanks for all the feedback on this post!

Having seen the post from Martin regarding

<constant name="struts.action.extension" value="action,htm" />

I've now also seen the equivalent declaration in struts.properties :

struts.action.extension=action

But most probably know that I guess.

Thanks also for the heads up on the deprecated org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher in favour of org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ng.filter.StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter.

Robin

Wes Wannemacher wrote:
Next generation?

Multiple filters were created to deal with problems arising from using
things like the sitemesh filter and struts tags inside of decorators.