Hi Christian,
can't You update a div or a form or a table with parsed contents of a
json from ajax call. Or even simplier, get this whole "a href" from
ajax call at the first place, and don't use json here at all. Have in
mind that strut is something completly different than ajax, those are
two different worlds.

Best greetings,
Pawel Wielgus.