Alex Siman wrote:
I switched off the JSTL-EL (as it was recomended in Struts2 wiki)
Can you please point me to that?  Seems quite strange to me...

Since we've removed the possibility of including JSTL-EL expressions in struts tag attributes, this advice is no longer appropriate. If that's the reason you chose to write huge scriptlets instead of small jstl tag calls, consider the advice rescinded.

Read the section "JSP 2.1" here: http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8/docs/ognl.html

I have attempted to modify these to address this issue, but since the changes actually reside at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/OGNL I'm not sure when/if those will propagate.

"The answer is easier if this .tag file contains no recursive calls."

I think this issues can be put back until .tag file calls itself, right?

Or until it calls another tag that also calls the original, correct.

P.S. Dale, sorry for 'Dave')) Kinda 'Dale Newfield' ~= 'Dave Newton'.

No big deal -- you're not the first to make that same mistake :-). I'm honored to be confused with someone whose advice I respect! On the other hand I should apologize right now for having in the past confused our two resident Martin's, who (IMHO) don't deserve equal respect!

-Dale