Hi all,

I am trying to develop a struts2 app, and I am struggling to find a
reference that explains the thinking and/or best practice behind the
url-pattern in web.xml.

Google uncovers hundreds of articles showing the url-pattern being
specified as follows:

        <filter-mapping>
                <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
                <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </filter-mapping>

This has the side effect that every URL in the application passes
through struts2 - is this intentional?

What I am trying to achieve is to include a directory of images within
my war file, and none of the images display, because struts2 grabs the
URLs and processes the request instead.

What is the recommended best practice for embedding images within a web
application, so that the images are displayed without being fiddled with
by struts2?

Regards,
Graham