Hi Alex,

I think you might need to add <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" /> in your struts.xml file.

Quoting Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>:

hello,

I have been looking at Struts2 for a couple of days now, it seems nice
and easy to work with.

I have a problem that I don't really understand, maybe I'm missing
some config settings or something.

Let's say that I want to display a list of persons, and for each
person I want to see the name.
This is very straightforward:

<s:iterator value="people" var="p">
    <s:property value="name" />
</s:iterator>

Easy enough, but if I miss-spell the property name, I get no error,
only a blank value.
Is there a struts way to prevent these kinds of things from happening
- like get some sort of error message.

By the way, I am using Struts 2.1.6 and I'm not sure if this is the
proper mailing list for this framework. Are you guys dealing with both
Struts and Struts2 issues? As I've seen so far, Struts2 is pretty
different than Struts.

If I'm not in the proper place, please point me in the right direction.

thanks,
alex