Hi to all. I'm developing a Struts 2 application and i create an interceptor to initialize values and to validate user login. I want to load a list to jsp to populate a s:select so i implemented the Preparable interface in my action, and the method prepare(), so i type the code in this method to get the list from DB. For that i supposed that my custom interceptor will execute before the prepare method because in my interceptor i initialize my connection that i use on prepare(), but perpare() executes before that, so it gives me a NullPointerException.

Then i googled about it and i found something about PrepareInterceptor, so i defined in my interceptor stack after my own interceptor, like this:

<interceptor-stack name="appInteceptors">
<interceptor-ref name="initializeInterceptor" />
               <interceptor-ref name="prepare" />
               <!--<interceptor-ref name="permissionsInterceptor" />-->
               <interceptor-ref name="defaultStack" />
</interceptor-stack>

But it doesn't work, because i tought that with the order change my interceptor will execute before than action's prepare() method, but don't.

Somebody knows how to execute prepare() after a custom interceptor execution?