I have a JSP page with two fields user name, college name and a submit
button.  I have a xml validation file SubmitUserAction-validation.xml to
validate both the fields on the screen. The action is mapped to
SubmitUserAction. On clicking the submit button it gets executed executed
successfully and is doing what it is supposed to do. If the fields are
empty, the validation is getting fired.  So far every thing works fine.

Now the problem comes.. I decided not to have the validation anymore. So I
deleted my validation xml file and also
in my struts.xml file, in the action mapping I have removed the <result
name="input" .... >  entry that i added earlier for
validation. So now it looks simple as shown below.

        <action name="UpdateUserChange" class="com.jj.SubmitUserAction">
            <interceptor-ref name="myUserStack" />
            <result name="success" type="redirect">DisplayUsesr</result>
        </action>

I cleaned my server, deployed the app again and restarted the server. But
now the app is not working any more on
submitting the form. It goes to validation method in my action class and
then it fails.

Then I renamed the action class to something else and it worked fine.

So I wondering is still struts looking for my validation.xml file? Before
introducing the validation it worked fine,
after introducing the validation file it worked fine. But on deleting the
validation file, it is still looking for
it? why is it so? Or I am missing something? I am using struts 2.1.6,
eclipse.

Please ignore any upper/lower case issue or spelling issue in the above
code. It is not the exact one that I am
using. Thank you.