On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Shital Patil <shitalpati...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
> Actually I am failed to convince my PM for using JSP pages in web app.
> He said, there are some serious problems with JSP.
> e.g JSP = presentation + code.
> A JSP developer can easily read some imp file on disk say, /etc/passwd, and
> throw it to the client. How to avoid this problem?

Fire the PM?

Honestly, that is an ignorant stance against JSP. I could make the
same argument against just about any programming construct. If you are
worried that developers might actually have access to libraries and
resources, then take away their computers and tell them to write their
software on paper and submit them to someone more trustworthy...

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher

Head Engineer, WanTii, Inc.