I'm trying to access a static constant from a JSP page in Struts 2.0.14, but
it is not working.

My JSP page:

<s:select list="@org.my.company.mycl...@available_states" />

Java code:

package org.my.company;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

public Class myClass {

public static final List<String> AVAILABLE_STATES = getStates();

public static final List<String> getStates() {
List<String> states = new ArrayList<String>();
states.add("New York");
return states;
}

When I try to access my jsp page, I receive the following error message:

Caused by: tag 'select', field 'list': The requested list key
'@org.my.company.mycl...@available_states' could not be resolved as a
collection/array/map/enumeration/iterator type. Example: people or
people.{name} - [unknown location]

Does anyone have any suggestion about what needs to be changed?

Thanks!