I have used SiteMesh to decorate static content served
up by the app server.  If the static content is served
up by apache (or some other httpd server) you're out of
luck.

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New
Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information for
affiliates is available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may
be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.
If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your
system.