Em 04-03-2010 14:15, abhishek jain escreveu:
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Alex Rodriguez Lopez<alo...@flordeutopia.pt
wrote:

Em 04-03-2010 05:49, abhishek jain escreveu:

Hi friends,

I have a few variables who have diff values depending on the locale /
country.
I do want to use a message-resources for storing the values of those
varaibles,
I do not know how to get these variables in my Action (I want them in
action
and not jsp),
Can any one help,
I have tried System.out.println(getResources(request,"id2")); after
setting
a locale and it do not work.

Pl. help,
--
Thanks and kind Regards,
Abhishek jain

Hi Abhishek,

if your Action extends ActionSupport, you can use one of the getText()
methods to do preciselly this, check
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/ActionSupport.html.

We use it this way around here and it works fine (the resource properties
files being in the same package).

Regards,

Alex

Dear Alex,
Thanks will check that
PS: Will it work for Struts 1.2 as well?

sorry I didn't get that you where using struts 1
struts 1 actions don't extend the same kind of class, you where already doing right with getResources, I think it should work